Sugar Roses

Friday, March 22, 2013

Contemporary art or Modern art sugar cake toppers

 

Call it what you want, nouveau art, modern art or contemporary sugar art. I thought I would try my hand at it. I wasn't sure how these pieces would turn out and there are very few pictures out there of unique modern art in sugar. I did find one picture and improvised on the second piece I did, I've only tried 2 pieces so far. 
I realised that this is a fun segment of the sugar art industry that I'm really going to enjoy. Imagine making pieces out of sugar with unique shapes in outlandish colours. 
This is one side of sugar art that will be the opposite of the natural looking pieces that I usually do. 

Stay tuned for Christina's crazy imagination with contemporary art in sugar....

Here is the first piece I made (this one was inspired by a picture I found on line.:


The second piece I made was inspired by a shirt I saw that was purple, teal with beige and gold.

 

Stay tuned for more pieces. I want to see how far I can actually push it!

Christina
 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment