Sugar Roses

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

For the Love of Daisies

I love the look of Daisies on a cake... Sugar Daisies are a great spring flower that brightens up any cake. So many colours and sizes to choose from.








These were inspired by the Black Eyed Susan daisy that grows wild.




You can use daisies on birthday cakes or on wedding cakes.

As one of my favourite flowers, I wanted to share my favourite cutters that I use to make daisies. These are plunger cutters that are easy to use made by PME.
PME Daisy Cutters

These cutters come in different sizes. When I make my large Gerber daisies I use the largest size (4 1/8" or 105mm size). I cut 2 large daisies, then 1 or 2 small ones for the middle petals. I also use a daisy mold for the middle part in yellow and add a apple green and paint it for a realistic look.

I always add the beautiful leaf made with the daisy leaf cutter and a daisy bud.

 
 
 
 
Lovely arrangement of Gerber Daisies
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Other sugar daisies are the cute little Marguerite Daisy (pictured below)
These are cute on a cake or in an arrangement.
 
 
Visit www.christinascakecreations.ca for available cutters
 
 
Thanks for reading...until next time.
 
 
Christina
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment